Monday, August 12, 2013

On my way!!

I will admit to having quite a bit of fear and anxiety once I got to the airport.  As exciting and promising as this endeavor is, it is quite a leap of faith on my part to completely leave like this.  Fortunately I've had no troubles so far!

I've been maintaining my composure quite well through all the goodbyes, even when saying goodbye to my parents.  But once the plane began to taxi away from the gate in Columbus the emotions hit me hard.  That 50 min flight to Chicago was incredibly difficult for me, but a short nap helped recharge me.  Once in Chicago I had to file an appeal with Japan that I would be receiving a visa as soon as I could, and I'm hoping that immigration doesn't turn me away once I arrive.

The long flight has been fine, we had an in-flight dinner of CURRY so I was incredibly happy munching away at that.  A stroke of luck was that there is no one in the seat next to me and once I woke from my longer nap the man in the aisle seat is gone as well, so I've been able to stretch out back here in Economy.  Also, I'm snacking on 'Crunky' biscuits, and no that is not a misspell :) 

I believe there is about 4-5 hrs left in the flight, we just flew over Anchorage.  It's time for me to start watching movies and zoning out before we get our breakfast. 

Fun fact: I've been able to use the Japanese I've learned in the past 6 months while on the plane, much to everyone's amusement and confusion!

Will write more later, not sure when as its going to be a non-stop run once I land in Narita. じゃね!!

No comments:

Post a Comment