Monday, August 12, 2013

Lets go!!!!!

It's now my first morning, I was too tired to do anything but sleep last night so I'll write about it now.

We landed a bit earlier than I expected into Narita and had no problems getting through immigration and customs.  Just like my last time here no one asked questions about anything or checked my bags.  I then ran about the airport like a crazy woman, getting money exchanged, forwarding some of my luggage to the house, getting a bus ticket and trying to rent a phone (which I couldn't do).  Once my tasks were finished I was right on time for my bus to Yokohama!

The 2 hr long bus ride would have been a great nap but I was too excited and couldn't stop looking out of the window.  As it would turn out the station I got off at is in the plaza that one of the two schools I'll be working at is located.  The owner was waiting for me there to welcome me to Japan and get some food and tea in me before I collapsed.  We sat in a little French bakery and had a brief talk before getting in the car for a brief tour.  The school I'll mainly be teaching in is located in Tama Plaza, which is a beautiful open air shopping center.  The entire area these schools are in is upper class, BMW and Mercedes dealers everywhere and gorgeous parks. Due to a massive thunderstorm approaching we headed to the house and I was dropped off.

Unfortunately the lady who owns the house was out and everyone was still at work, so the boyfriend of one of the girls who lives here got me oriented and showed me my room.  I had been told it was small, but its larger than i expected.  plus the bathroom is right in front of my door! The house itself is massive, and very very European, as the owner is Polish.  I would be happy to stay longer if my 'bed' wasn't a pullout couch with a semi-deflated air mattress....

Today I begin training, so I'll have more to report then but I think I'll be very happy here :) especially once I get the Internet password and can talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment