Friday, August 23, 2013

Daiso Haul!!

One of my favorite stores here in Japan so far is Daiso, the 100円 store.  It's essentially the Japanese version of the Dollar Store, except the quality is actually pretty decent, they have a HUGE selection, and everything is adorable!

I'm not much of a shopper, in fact I usually only go if I have something specific to get, but wandering in Daiso is a ton of fun and because it's so cheap I always leave with something.  So today I have my Daiso haul (small one)!!

Ginger Tea - 生姜茶

This has 3 powdered tea packets and you can make it hot or cold - perfect for me because ginger is my favorite thing in the world!!

Kaki no Tane - 柿の種

My new obsession.  They're Japanese rice crackers that are soy flavored.  I've only had them in little packets with peanuts as well, but I found this huge bag of them at Daiso and NEEDED it!!  They're salty, which makes them popular in bars, but also great when you're overheated and need some salt.

Word Cards

My Japanese is terrible.  I mean terrible.  So in my quest to learn I saw these and knew they would be perfect for studying on the train/work!  They're small and have a keyring to keep them together.

Shower Caddy

Not exciting, but I needed to get one for my apartment that I'll be moving into soon.  It's a guesthouse style apartment, so the showers are down the hall.  And as anyone who knows me will notice...there is green :)

Giant Hair Clip

Girls here in Japan seem to always wear their hair down, but when it's up it's often in one of these cute clips.  When I had my hair done last night the guy who did it used one of these and it held up my hair really well.  He suggested I try one, as they are supposedly less damaging than a hair tie.  Either way, it's cute and again, was only $1


ALL OF THIS came to the total of 525円!!  Not bad for a working girl trying to save where she can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment